Monday, October 26, 2009

Shelly's Shower

This past weekend, I was honored to host my best friend's bridal shower at Domaine Carneros. Shelly and I have been close since my freshman year in high school...good lord that's over a decade. We kicked off the event making a quick stop at Gloria Ferrer and sharing a bottle of blanc de noirs, instantly setting a celebratory tone for the day. It was nearly 80 degrees in Sonoma by noon, making champagne even more necessary than usual.

Bar none, the best part of the tea service at Domaine Carneros was the cheddar cheese scone on everyone's plate. I would have eaten at least a dozen of the bite-sized wonders if I hadn't been stuffed with champagne and crab-stuffed tomatoes. How great is a meal made of so many different mini dishes? Mini quiche, mini scone, mini sandwiches = AWESOME.

Shelly was my partner in discovering new, great dining in Seattle—we lived around the corner from each other and had tried the signature dish at pretty much every single restaurant in Belltown. It was fun to flashback on those great times with another gastronomic adventure together.

No comments:

Post a Comment