Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mobile Rotisserie

GS&P has started the fantastic new practice of turning the parking lot out back into a mobile catering slot. Every day a new vendor parks their truck and the smells from BBQ permeate the building. Roli Roti, of Ferry Building fame, has stopped by a couple times now with amazing chow. Their most famous Porchetta sandwich made it on 7x7's '09 and '10 top 100 lists, so you know it rocks. I ended up ordering rolls for my creative directors who raved about them and said they had to fend off would-be sandwich-stealers! For my part, the incredible bread, carmelized onions and fresh herbs were lovely, however I somehow got the gristliest hunk of pork on the spit. I could tell it was an amazing sandwich but I couldn't get past not being able to chew through the meat. But, and this is a big but, a rump-roast-size but, I can't wait to give it another try!

No comments:

Post a Comment