Monday, May 24, 2010

Really really ridiculously good-looking

Who doesn't love getting dressed up and being taken out? Um, obviously if you are even bothering to read this, you do. Because you know I do.

Ha.

Just for kicks, and to celebrate my future mother-in-law's birthday, we glammed and glittered up for the Black & White Ball. Absinthe was the obvious choice for pre-party-in-the-middle-of-Van-Ness-in-front-of-City-Hall. I mean, where else would you go. Every time I'm here, I feel like I could stick around all night drinking French wine and ordering more combo plates of cheese. This time I chose a smart and sexy sea bass with salty fingerling potatoes. The fish tasted like it was poached in broth, a method I can appreciate but don't love as much as a seared, crispy fillet. Even though the marinated asparagus was awesome, the spicy pepper puree wasn't spicy and I was pretty bored with my fish. Ah well, just another sign I should stick to wine and cheese.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ellen you know there's more to life...

    I didn't know you had to get so dressed up but I'm still hoping to go to Absinthe at some point. Glad to have the blog back!

    ReplyDelete