Monday, September 6, 2010

Bachelorette Dinner

Most girls plan a night of partying and drinking—my bridesmaids knew me well enough to know what I really wanted: amazing food!  They took me to Toulouse Petit, a new restaurant in Seattle, well, new enough to be new to an out-of-towner.  Atmosphere was totally conducive to a fab girls night out: buzz of conversation without being too loud, fun music (Journey!) even candlelight to put us in the best light.

I somehow convinced them to order a bowl of clams dripping with butter and garlic.  They must have agreed we didn't need to worry about our breath tonight!  A side of frites with aioli was the perfect accoutrement and what crispy, flavorful fries they were.  We attempted to soak up the remaining white wine, garlic, butter deliciousness from the clams with bread but our overeager waiter scooped it right out from under our dipping fingers.

I went for some fresh halibut for my main, delivered in a light lemon sauce with roasted cherry tomatoes, cippolini onions and al dente artichoke hearts.  This paired quite well with my champagne and cucumber-infused vodka martini, if I do say so myself.

By the time we departed, I was feeling light as air yet happily satiated.  I was actually really impressed with how good all of our food was considering the atmosphere is clearly the draw here.  It was even reasonably priced, so it's definitely recommended and a spot I'll look forward to coming back to for happy hour when the New Orleans French menu gets even more exotic!

No comments:

Post a Comment