Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Blowfish Sushi

Potrero Hill is so unassuming!  I'm sure if I spent more time there, I would recognize the restaurants among the warehouses, but I'm currently pleasantly surprised every time I pull up in front of a much-talked-about restaurant on a quiet, dark street like Bryant or Mariposa.  Blowfish Sushi (To Die For) (it's part of the name) was participating in SF's Dine About Town with a killer prix fixe menu tonight.  Ritsu roll: tuna, avocado and tobiko flash-tempura-fried; Chirashi chef's choice with the rawest prawn I've swallowed and salty giant roe; finally green tea cheesecake with green tea ice cream and an impressive spun sugar swirl.  My dates thought the clam and prawn were a little too much raw texture to stomach, but I love to try something a little different.  I couldn't get enough of the giant roe either, mixed in with some sweet sushi rice and extra fresh, extra potent wasabi.

No comments:

Post a Comment