Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Koi

I'm always surprised that some of the best spots in LA are in the most random locations.  Or, um, I guess that could be explained by my absolute resistance to acquainting myself with LA and thusly locations seem more random than they actually, probably are.  In any case.  Koi was on la Cienega near Santa Monica.  WhatEVER.

The creative team I was traveling with had been to Koi at least a few times before, so I let them order and never even attempted to read the menu.  It was too dark anyway, without my glasses on I could barely make out the fork at my placesetting let alone a menu.  However, for all my reluctance to appreciate LA, when the deconstructed California rolls arrived, I was in sushi heaven.  Our waiter recommended adding fresh avocado to the soft crab wrapped in super thin rice paper with smoky toasted sesame.  Tuna with jalapeno, miso cod, lobster tacos.  I was barely willing to tear my attention away from the ridiculously innovative sushi bites to catch a glimpse of David Spade at the table next to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment