Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Speedos on Bondi

Recommended by my too-hip Aussie coworker, I was a little worried Speedos might be too much of a scene for me to relax at on a casual Sunday morning, my single day off in Sydney.  But I forget that Bondi is the Santa Cruz to Sydney's already lax SF and any clothing in addition to board shorts and bikinis is pretty much optional.  Speedos was meters from the surf, catering to locals and wanderers looking for coffee by the bar or comfort food by the truckload.  Close to 1pm (it took me a while to figure out the right bus to take to Bondi and a bit longer to walk the arc of the beach) I was ravenous and opted for the menu listing with the most goodies.  Thick Turkish toast, eggs with yolks the color of pumpkins, soft bacon, sweet sausage with sweeter tomato chutney and crispy hashbrowns.  Sure, it was far more food than I needed, but I thoroughly enjoyed tasting the range of flavors and combinations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment