Monday, May 4, 2009

Best of Puerto Vallarta

In January, we went to Puerto Vallarta for some overdue R&R. Mexican food has long been my go-to cuisine, so I was in absolute heaven.

First night in town, we went slightly overboard on guacamole, fajitas and piña coladas at Fajita Banana in Marina Vallarta, down the street from our hotel.


I ordered lots of fajitas all week, so fresh and delicious and oh how I love my choice of toppings. I think the best fajitas were at Pipi's: succulent shrimp so fluffy and garlicky in a tequila glaze. We ate at Fajita Republic in Zona Romantica twice that week. Here's my chicken fajita order set aflame in tequila.


Mmmmmmmm


Our last night in PV, we opted for an upscale dinner at Vista, overlooking the city. I think we got the best table in the house.


I ordered pork belly with walnut ice cream and apricot preserves as a starter, very interesting flavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment