Monday, May 4, 2009

Getting Tipsy at the Pig

On our third visit to The Tipsy Pig we went for dinner. The atmosphere is so fun: books lining the walls, ancient tables and chairs, and a crowd that would fit in any Marina bar. After 2 visits seated on the deck out back, for dinner we sat in the library between the bar and deck. This time we opted for cocktails over beer: an Old Fashioned for John, House Hound for me (I'm in love with grapefruit juice, and a fresh-squeezed greyhound is like a dream come true.)

I'm a sucker for sweet potato fries, so those were a no-brainer however I couldn't decide between the clams starter and chicken pot pie for my entree (I realize the 2 are opposite sides of the spectrum.) The waitress convinced me to try the pot pie and it was amazing! Al dente beets, potatoes, turnips and peas plus tender chicken were swimming in a delectable cream sauce. It tasted as if it had been made seconds before it was served. And it's pretty cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment