Saturday, June 27, 2009

Absinthe Brasserie

Before seeing Tosca last night in Hayes Valley, we hit up Absinthe for some cocktails. We found a great set of bar stools right by the door, maximizing the evening sun, and I ordered up a Galapagos. Pisco with lemon, lime, grapefruit juice and brandied cherries. For dinner, I couldn't decide between French onion soup with a salad, or the antipasti plate with pickles. I opted for antipasti, anticipating a variety of treats, and instead received pretty much a plate of meat! It was lovely and I shared, of course. Per usual, the Speck and Proscuitto were my favorites, and I was loving the pickled pimento made right there. It had a really unusual sweet and cardamomy flavor. The French fries were great but the best part about them was definitely the ultra-spicy mustard for dipping. And that mojito-looking drink was a delicious Ginger Rogers: gin, mint, ginger ale and lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment