Sunday, November 29, 2009

Bistro Beaujolais

On the Friday after Thanksgiving, I think we were over cooking and needed to go out for someone else's cookin'. My parents recommended Bistro Beaujolais, yet another one to cross off my list in Carmel. We were pretty much the only patrons on the holiday weekend, but it didn't diminish the lovely service, ambiance or fare. The perfect wintry dish, I ordered the coq au beaujolais, the restaurant's spin on coq au vin to delicious results. Being in the mall, I probably never would have ventured over here, but I'm eager to get back, even if it's just for French onion soup and cocktails at the copper bar. You also can't miss the murals throughout the restaurant, really impressive.

The only thing to watch out for is the family's (or owner's?) wine. We ordered a bottle of petit syrah and a bottle of zinfandel, assuming incorrectly the zin would be stunning and the petit syrah would be ok. The syrah turned out to be good but not amazing and the zin was nearly dessert wine it was so sweet. Good thing we'd had plenty of wine at home in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment