Thursday, November 12, 2009

Un Freaking Real

Are you seeing this? Does it look like a lobster that went swimming in a brandy cream pot pie with peas and root vegetables? And then hopped onto my plate fully shelled and delicious?? What you are looking at is real. I might need to repeat it because it took me a full 3 minutes of watching the server pop the top on 2 more pot pies before I believed what I was about to eat. It is REAL.

Each lobster pot pie is masterfully presented while everyone else at the table drools. The brandy was pretty noticeable in the cream sauce. And I guess lobster on a random Thursday is pretty unique. But it was the presentation; the sheer beauty of an inside out lobster pie in front of me. That's what's memorable. Dinner was at Michael Mina's XIV in West Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment