Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Cafe Cubano

On the rare occasion I’m able to make it outside the office to not only grab a bite but sit down and enjoy it, Paladar is an easy decision. It’s Cuban cuisine made accessible to the lunch crowd. I usually go for the Cubano sandwich, a pressed roll with Niman pulled pork, ham, swiss chesse and mild mustard. Add an order of plantain chips with garlic sauce and it’s pretty hard to rally back to the office. Last week I ordered the vegetarian plate because every time I’m there I breathe in the steaming spiced rice and beans as it wafts around me. It was a great midday meal: sweet plantains, greens with garlic dressing and a mixture of black beans and rice so delicious I can’t begin to imagine how many fresh herbs and spices were in there. Don't forget the sparkling pomegranate juice, it's a great, tart complement.

No comments:

Post a Comment